Hello
You might be thinking, haven't I read that before, well, you might have and you might have not, therefore I felt the need to again post it. I do not wish to lead anyone falsly, and would like all readersto know the 'whole story', for alone to God belongs all glory and honour.
This blog is the a few of my first postings when starting my blog, and I encourage all new readers to start from the beginning at some time when you have time!!
Many blessings, Lena
Here I am setting up a blog, as if i'm in Uganda already- though i must admit, my thoughts are there often!
I have been busy filling out many forms in the last 6 weeks as I go through each step of the application process, before heading off to Guelph, Ontario in May for Candidacy Orientation.
As many of you are wondering, how did I "decide to go to Uganda", well dear friends, first of all, it wasn't me, but God's work, and to Him alone be the Glory and Honor!
Many of you know 3 years ago I went down to New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, shortly after Hurricane Katrina, on a missions trip for Disaster Relief. From that first experience in the 'Mission Field' so to speak, I know God was working in my heart, preparing me for even today, as i post this! After my first trip to New Orleans, I also made 2 others following within the next 6 months afterwards.
Upon returning from my 3rd trip to New Orleans, I knew God had a different plan for me, as He was working in my heart, softening it, drawing it in me, to serve Him, as my All in All. It was during these trips God put in my heart to look into serving overseas, as a missionary. I looked into it, spent much time in prayer, and it was not God's plan for me at that time, as nothing worked out, not positions were avaliable, and I continued in working, eventually forgetting about going overseas to serve a mission group, and help bring them the Gospel.
It was Sunday, February 8th, and I was going over to friends for lunch after Church as i often do. Nothing out of the ordinary was happening, and i never thought any different. Gerrit and Klazina Pap were also invited to these friends for lunch. Lunch turned to Supper, as much fellowship was going on, time flew by! It was during Supper i was called over to the table and going to Uganda to teach the Pap children was offered to me. No, i did not take it serious, but laughed it off! Well, after the Paps were gone home, i was still visiting my friend... and it turned out that Klazina was serious!
I do not know how to describe to you the joy i felt. I cried, i laughed, i prayed, and prayed! That night i spent little time sleeping, and was so overjoyed by the opportunity God had set before me, i felt God was carrying me! I spoke with many, all were such an encouragement-- than another friend reminded me of 3 years back-- up to that point i was so ecstatic about this, praising God, this past 3 years of God continuing to work within me, shaping me more and more into His likeness. He was preparing me for this! Wow, it's exciting putting this into words for you all, like reliving it again!!!
So, time flew by, i had an interview, filled out form after form, and am still filling out the last few. The Lord willing, I hope to go to Guelph, Ontario in May, for 2 weeks, during which i will attend an orientation process, in prep for Uganda.
Upon returning, i hope to raise funds for a few months, and if alls well, and I am able to raise the necessary amount, i hope to leave at the end of August for Uganda!
Praise the Lord, from whom All blessings flow.....
Please pray with me, as i prepare for this change ahead, that God would continue to shape and fashion me more and more into His likeness, and that I will be able to serve Him in this capacity in Uganda, teaching the Pap children, and ministering to the Ugandan people.
Please also pray for Gerrit and Klazina Pap, and thier children; Sarah-Anne, Jonathon, Benjamin, Josiah, and Matthias, as they prepare to return to Uganda on Monday, March 30th, after a furlough here in Canada.
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!
Love Lena
Hello,So much has happened with the Paps in the last few days, it's been such a blessing; thier flights were extended, and they have been granted a hearing with the judge for thier citizneship to Canada the middle of April. This also gives me more time to spend with them as they are here for another 5 weeks!Please continue to pray with me for widom, strength, trust and direction, as this involves such changes for the children, and upheaval for the family, not knowing where God will take them from minute to minute.Last night I was speaking with Klazina on the phone and we were so thankful for James 1:2, as it is such an encouragement-- " Consider it all joy when falling into various trials"What joy this trial has brought us all!Thank you all for your support and prayers.
I love you all!
Lena
Time goes on
Well, this past weekend was a busy one!I've been working on another stack on information for MAF, and am hoping to finish it up this week, and send it off. Other than that- i'm super excited to say tomorrow that it's 'next month' that I go to Ontario for Candidacy Orientation!! WOW, time sure has flown!This past weekend, Gerrit left for Uganda, to get in some flying time before the end of March, as he needs to renew his Pilot liscence( think thats spelt right!) And, he's safely 'home' in Uganda, putting in his time. The Lord willing he hopes to come back in April, for a Court hearing, and swearing in with Klazina for their Canadian Citizenship, than they hope to return to Uganda with the family at the end of April.Klazina and the children have moved from the rental home they were in, to her mothers, and that is what took up a part of Saturday; finishing up last minute packing, and than the moving process, which went really well.All has gone well, and I was reflecting with Klazina, though i'm not sure if i mentioned it earlier or not, but we were talking of the Joy in our trials, as James says in James 1:2- that we would "Count it all joy, when falling into various trials". This can be applied to myself over and over again, yet, we are humans, and have ungrateful, selfish, and ungodly thoughts over trials that God puts us through. Let us remember, brothers and sisters in the faith, that God puts us through these trials to test us-- Are we in the faith? This is for our correction and instruction.Trials... we all have them, you and I. Does it help to complain and become grumpy because of them? I feel for myself that I only become more bitter and upset over the circumstance, having a bad attitude, and not being a good witness for the hope that I have.I was speaking with a co-worker today, and she said that she was having a grumpy day- I hadn't even noticed, being so busy with my own work. I asked her why she was grumpy, and she didn't know why, she just said it felt good. I hope it was an encouragement to her, as i told her, that it's not good to be grumpy, we have so much to be thankful for, we should just be happy everyday.Anyway, let us not become discouraged so quickly, but be positive and see what we can learn from the trials!
Hope you all have a blessed week!
Love Lena
No comments:
Post a Comment