Saturday, August 1, 2009

Halfway has officially arrived!

To God alone belongs ALL praise, glory, honour and thanksgiving! Thank you Lord, I am now at 50%. What a true blessing. As I look back 2 months, I would have just arrived home from Ontario, after my Candidacy and Orientation training, heading out into the great world of Support Raising. I must honestly say, it has been such a great learning experience; leaning on the everlasting arms of God. I have been working on my support raising now, for the last 2 months, and had a goal of 60% for the end of July. Well, that just 2 weeks ago seemed completly impossible. I prayed that if it was Gods will for me to go to Uganda, only a miracle could help, as i was pretty discouraged. 27%, 6 weeks into support raising. Praying for a departure date at the end of August.
Well, God had other plans. A few phone calls, and boom, up to 44% I go, than a Garage Sale, and yesterday a Carwash. A few more phone calls and up to 50%. Wow! not 60% as i'd hoped, but 50% just couldn't seem better!
I mentioned to my friend Sean in Ontario, just yesterday that it's a special number to 'land' on. if you go from 49 to 51%, it wouldn't be quite so special (I think, anyway, but it would be good too to jump to 51%, i'm not complaining!).
Again, to God be all glory and honour. I pray that if it is His will for me to depart for Uganda on the tentative date; September 5th, than I trust Him that it will happen.
Thankyou all soo much for your continued prayers and encouragement in this journey, please continue to pray with me that God's will be done, not my wishes.

Many blessings, Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment