Than, I was sharing with my Pastoral Care team on the phone this week what God has all been doing in my life and Jack, my 'Dad', says, 'Now, Lena, if you are journalling like we encouraged, this will be really cool to look back on say 3 years down the road when the going gets tough.'
Yes Dad......
Journalling isn't my forte...or so I prefer to think! I love to write but in my time when I feel I need to share something, not because I have to!
This past 2 weeks has been such an amazing part of my ministry; I felt a few times like I was running out of resources, contacts and becoming discouraged. It all began a few days before Christmas when I received a business card from a man who had inquired at a cafe how they werre linked to Africa; as my friend explained this man commented on how He knew of some people in Uganda. It was an opportunity that God used through my friend to share with him my ministry, and so she explained that I was preparing to return to Uganda for longterm ministry. He gave her his business card, telling her to pass it on to me. Soon after I got a phone call...as you can imaging from a pretty excitied friend!
Christmas Eve came, and I went to check my mailbox and there was a card from a missionary friend that just left for Papua New Guinea as a pilot; inside the card was a pledge card and check...bringing my monthly support up to 44%!!
The week passed by, and I prayed that it would be really cool to have a New Years Eve blessing too; not thinking any further about it. On the 30th, a lady called to come out and look at my house on the 31st. Sure enough, I only expected it to be another person passing through as so many previous had done. Long story short...she offered quite low, and I told her i'd have to think about it. I continued on in the day, not sure how it would go, wanting to call but choosing to just wait. As I was baking the phone rang...it was her; "just calling to leave me her number incase I wanted to counter-offer." There was my opportunity to go for it! So we did and agreed on a price. SOLD! New Years Eve Blessing as I prayed for was answered! What an amazing God!
Than...I received a phone call from my 'business card buddy', meeting him for coffee yesterday. What a blessing that was! The first person I met here in Canada that has been to Uganda that I could talk with, wow, that really was special! A new friend, contact and one with a heart for missions, also in Uganda!! This man's heart is in serving God to the fullest, so please pray for him and his family as God uses him in all he does; serving in his church, building up a business and prayerfully desiring to support my ministry.
What a blessing it is; raising up a ministry team, of those willing to come along side me, both prayerfully and financially!!
Please pray how you too might be able to joing my ministry! Have you wanted to go to Africa but aren't able to? Contact me, join my ministry and come along with me, in prayer or in financial aide if God puts that on your heart!
Call or email and i'd love to meet with you!!
Phone: 604-791-3003 Email: lenamulder@cten.org
No comments:
Post a Comment