Hello all!
I hope this finds you well and enjoying winter!! Last night I was on my way home from a meeting with new missionary friends in Abbotsford and was caught in a snowstorm on the way home...instead of a 30 minute drive home it was about an hour and 10; the highway was Ice, and really nasty! This morning I woke up to an 18" blanket of snow, it was so pretty and peaceful!
So much has been happening over the last few months, God continues to shower the blessings, day by day!!
Since the sale of my house on New Year’s Eve, all the paperwork has been taken care of and officially I am houseless, but not homeless; the new owners were happy to let me stay there until I leave for Uganda; so Praise the Lord for that. That means no packing up (though for those of you who've seen my house; I could be out in 30 minutes!). That brings me to the leaving for Uganda part....you all know how excited I am to return! One friend commented to me the other day, "You must be excited that you are going back so soon!" She's right, I am excited, but I told her I've been excited to go back since stepping my feet off the plane when I arrived in Vancouver Airport this past July!
I've been working on raising up a Ministry Team, finding those who would like to join my ministry prayerfully and financially. Through that all, it's been such a joy, meeting new people, and of late meeting people who have been to Uganda, and can relate. It's a real blessing and joy to share what God is doing in Uganda and how He is bringing me back there.
The longer I am here, in ways the harder it is. Uganda has become my home and I look forward to returning and continuing to serve there.
I stepped out in faith and booked a flight back to Uganda this past week, and am trusting that God will help me to continue being bold, stepping out, fully and completely trusting Him to provide and care for each and every need. So the Lord willing, I hope to return in the beginning of March, however I do need to be up to at least 75% of the Monthly Support my sending organization (Commission To Every Nation) has set for me. Please prayerfully consider how you can join.
I need a team of those willing to pledge monthly, for $10, $25, $50 or $100 a month, whatever the Lord lays on your heart. Do pray about it please, I encourage you and challenge you with this. Join in furthering the Kingdom work this way. Or prayerfully consider 1% of your monthly income. For example, if you earn $2000/ month, 1% is $20/month.
Heartfelt thanks for all your continued support, it is greatly appreciated. Please continue to pray for me as I work towards leaving in March, and pray that all things come together perfectly.
I was so encouraged this morning as I did devotions, it is my prayer that this scripture also speaks to you and is a great encouragement!
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
A few prayer requests please;
• That I would keep my eyes on God, trusting fully in Him and His will in all things.
• For the grace to accept whatever situations I face; especially when meeting with contacts and sharing with them.
• For boldness to share the needs
• That the necessary monthly support would come in.
• For my car to sell
• Blessed and memorable times with family and friends as my time here draws to a close.
• For a contact I talked to today that has been battling cancer for 6 years, as it has come back and she again has a brain tumor. She is a believer so that is a great comfort, and she knows her life is in God's hands. She goes for an MRI on her head tomorrow (the tumor is in her brain.) so please prays for peace for her and her children; especially during this very difficult time.
If you have any prayer requests, please let me know, so I can be effectively praying for you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment